d4ne
by d4ne · 33 posts
8 years ago in PHP
Posted 6 years ago
the link to that tool dont work
Posted 6 years ago
adexr wrote:
the link to that tool dont work

Updated the links to point to the Bio Generator: services/generators/imvu-bio-generator/imvu-bio-generator.php
Posted 2 years ago
DataMine wrote:
d4ne wrote:Example code to get cid, to answer my own question in this thread and others which might search it.Does your code have fallbacks? There are situations where a user's cid can't be gotten from one method. All of my tools use at least 4 different methods to get someone's cid cause it's possible for one to fail on some users.

@DataMine

Apologies for the necrobump but for anyone interested, there is an API endpoint that will give you a CID if you supply it with a username. If you find this you won't need any fallbacks, just a single web request. I won't be sharing it but its not that hard to find. Sharing this knowledge in case anyone else ends up wasting their time looking for these fallbacks like I did.
Posted 2 years ago
DataMine wrote:
@nightmare_Does it require auth? The techniques our tools use don't, which is a big plus.

@DataMine

no auth required, i managed to write a much more efficient bio generator than the one on-site using this method. results output in less than 2 seconds compared to the 6 seconds it takes me with the on-site bio generator
Posted 2 years ago
@nightmare_

Yeah, I wrote ours like 10 years ago, lol. It's only received minor bug fixes since then. What language/framework did you write yours in?
Posted 2 years ago
@DataMine

python for now. im working on separate IMVU tools that i plan on merging into an AIO tool that i'll probably rewrite in golang once i learn it. i currently have the bio generator i mentioned before and an accurate name checker done but its got no multithreading at the moment. im having trouble implementing it properly :p
Posted 2 years ago
@DataMine

i think so. i've noticed that most name checkers out there will say a name is available even if its invalid, my tool can tell the difference.