IMVULite [Updated 04-18-2024]

DataMine
by DataMine · 1476 posts
12 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 1 year ago
roxytheicon wrote:
how can i run imvu lite on OS developer for chrome?

@roxytheicon

It depends on the architecture of your hardware. If your computer (hypothetically a Chromebook) has an x86 (or x86_64) architecture you will have compatibility with linux softwares and you could install Wine.

On linux I run IMVULite with Wine and it works without many problems (with exceptions regarding problems with products that use flash player and some graphic limitations).

If your hardware has an arm architecture instead, there's nothing you can do about it.
Posted 1 year ago
Ok I have Linux how do i get wine?
Posted 1 year ago · Author
@roxytheicon

Which distro are you using? Should either be available through the package/app manager or be downloaded from their website. https://wiki.winehq.org/Download
Posted 1 year ago
using chrome developer its OS develop and it has wine just trying to download imvu lite
Posted 1 year ago · Author
@roxytheicon

You're using ChromeOS? I don't have any experience with it but a quick Google search gave me this: https://www.linuxmadesimple.info/2021/0 ... 60-on.html
Posted 1 year ago
roxytheicon wrote:
using chrome developer its OS develop and it has wine just trying to download imvu lite

@roxytheicon

If Wine is already installed you will have one less headache.

Anyway, to install IMVULite you'll need to download the compressed file from the link available in the first post of this thread.
You'll have to double-click on the compressed file to mount it in the Files app and then copy the IMVULite_v45.exe file to another folder to extract it.

After which you'll simply run it through Wine to start the installation (using the following command from the terminal):
Code
wine /path/where/is/located/IMVULite_v45.exe

If Wine should return some strange error inherent the execution permissions, you should previously assign them to the exe file.
Posted 1 year ago
do i type this in on wine?

-- Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:52 pm --

is there a way i could turn imvu light into a regular file?
Posted 1 year ago
this is so frustrating.. I have wine and linux and i did everything somehow I cant acess the files can you guys do a video for chrome users or sumthin