IMVULite [Updated 04-18-2024]

DataMine
by DataMine · 1476 posts
12 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 1 year ago · Author
@parfait

How are you trying to uninstall IMVULite? If you're using the Add or remove programs menu in Windows then its unusual to see that error.

If you installed IMVULite to the default location, then you can simply delete the folder
C:\Users\{username}\Appdata\Roaming\IMVUClient

I can teach you how to remove entries from the menu but it requires a little bit of registry editing. I often do this to remove duplicate entries for IMVULite and T3DE on my system that no longer exist.
Posted 1 year ago
This new update fixed the bugs with furnishing rooms!!! OMG i love you DATA!
Posted 1 year ago
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I was able to fix it!

The removal software didn't work, but installing the original IMVU client, uninstalling it, and then using CCleaner's registry cleaner (which I know isn't exactly the safest but... it worked? :sweatdrop:) got rid of everything.

I recorded my computer giving me that error when I tried using the Windows remove program just to show it happening? Again, I am unsure why it was doing that.

Spoiler: VIDEO

But yeah, thank you! I am grateful for IMVULite :pinkheart:
Posted 1 year ago
@Madcat

We haven't made any changes to create mode other than removing the spyware and tracking from it. It should not be any less safe than making a product in create mode on the vanilla classic client. Read and sign IMVU's creator agreement. Don't make sex products, don't use stolen assets, and don't copy brand names / logos; you should be safe creating with IMVU Lite.