IMVULite [Updated 04-18-2024]

DataMine
by DataMine · 1476 posts
12 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 1 year ago
I appreciate you guys doing this cause I dont have any crashes when I install it, the original client of imvu is keep crashing for no reason even I install it again and again. My pc doesn't have a problem I run with my 10850k intel with my 3060 vision card and any games I run is so smooth and not crashing, I guess the original client of imvu has problems or havent been updated
Posted 1 year ago · Author
@JonDoodsForgotten

Hello Jon,

Thanks for the report.

This makes sense, in the vanilla client the camera isn't usable in those modes. So they didn't bother writing logic to check if you're in the correct mode before activating the camera widget.

Unlocking the camera widget everywhere leads to these sorts of side affects. I don't see a need to fix it as there's no need to use the camera widget in places where the avatar doesn't exist, or more specifically, the session so the crash is easily avoidable and should rarely be encountered during normal use.
Posted 1 year ago
it wont let me run imvu lite on my pc how can i make this work?
Posted 1 year ago
4. Make sure the Link goes to your Imvu-Folder (the code given is the one in my registry)
5. Save the file extension as .reg (e.g. Whatever.reg)
6. Double click and confirm you want to enter this information into your registry

I don't understand number 3-4-5 can you explain in more detail?
Posted 1 year ago
satuduatiga wrote:
4. Make sure the Link goes to your Imvu-Folder (the code given is the one in my registry)
5. Save the file extension as .reg (e.g. Whatever.reg)
6. Double click and confirm you want to enter this information into your registry
I don't understand number 3-4-5 can you explain in more detail?

@satuduatiga

These steps are only necessary if IMVULite isn't automatically associated with links used to enter, for example, rooms (which usually begin with imvu:) or links that allow you to view peer review products (usually begin with imvuclassic:).

If the links are opened normally or you have no need to use them there is no reason to change the registry entries, otherwise

Create a text file with Windows notepad and specify the correct path using your user name in the path
Code
@=""C:UsersYOURUSERNAMEHEREAppDataRoamingIMVUClientIMVUQualityAgent.exe" "%1""

Save the file normally, but you need to make the file extensions visible so you can change the file extension from .txt to .reg
Posted 1 year ago · Author
IMVULite has been updated to v47

This update brings the client to version 544.16. 544.16 fixes an issue where 'Use Blending' can make meshes disappear.

Other fixes introduced since that last version of IMVULite:

- Fix infinite loading when clicking on Pulse Mode.
- Fixed transparency mode issue in Classic for products that were created in IMVU Studio.
- Opacity and diffuse maps of different sizes are now properly compatible.

Posted 1 year ago
@DataMine
I :pinkheart: You!!!
Posted 1 year ago
Hi family, I just want to share a fix to a problem with the latest update. blog.php?u=65851&b=438

I actually only encountered the problem through Wine on Linux, surely most of you don't care at all about it and I don't want to bore you with these things, but if there is anyone who uses IMVULite on Linux I hope they may find my post helpful.