IMVU stalker

DevilJnr
by DevilJnr · 8 posts
10 months ago in Help & Support
Posted 10 months ago · Author
Ok I didn't think it would ever get to this again but someone on IMVU is stalking me. I'm not the only person he is stalking either. I got into an argument with him a few months ago over him being a shitty person. He bullies and harasses people on IMVU, loved to target trans people, non-binary people and children. I have had others message me telling me he has been bullying them and even have them comment on posts when I talk about this dude and tell me their own accounts with this dickhead whenever I mention him in a chatroom. I have reported his main account multiple times so have many others but IMVU has failed to take it down. I tried blocking him too but he had made at least 13 more accounts to stalk me. I ended up using one of my chatroom slots to hide from him in a room where I can boot him for over a week. Now he is back to stalking me and someone else has commented that he is also stalking them currently. I have in the past tried filing a help ticket to report him but IMVU told me that's not the proper way to report harassment, but I filed the ticket because reporting his account didn't do anything to protect anymore. He tells people to harm themselves, publicly attacks them and has ever called a 17 year old a whore. I don't know what else to do so I'm sharing this here. He's a member of IMVU's LGBT community, Don Von Free Credits is awesome! but attacks others in the community.

Some of you might even know him, please share your story if you have one too. His main account name is [CENSORED BY STAFF] but he also goes by Sass.
@Don Von Alpha Dom

Like I mentioned before I'm not active on IMVU very often but whenever I am consistantly active on the app he ends up stalking me or I hear people talking about him harassing them. There is an ex of his that has mostly left IMVU because of him constantly telling them to harm themselves when this person left him due to him being overly controling of them. He during their relationship respected his partner but the second they broke up he stalked them and misgendered them in public calling them a fat whore and telling them to kill themselves. His ex left the platform because they were scared. As for the 17 year old who also identifies as non-binary, he called the child a whore and said that they were trying to get into a relationship with one of his friends. I agree that the child should not attempt to be in a relationship with an adult but he also had no right to bully them and encourage them to harm themselves. The child reached out to me for help because I stood up for them when he was in the chat room telling them to "kys" that is code for kill yourself. Because I stood up for the child he went around accusing me of being a predator, I simply stood up for what I believe is right. He has a habit of recruiting people that don't know what he is really like, specifically trans or non-binary people and then tends to misgender them when they see him for who he really is.
Posted 10 months ago
@DevilJnr

Your best option is going to be SNARF-ing. It's where we stick a group of people into a room with you, wait for him to show. We don't boot him. We don't fight back. Instead, we just let him say his ugly disgusting shit, and we all flag the chat.

Smile Nod And Report with Friends

What most people don't realize, is that flagging a chat just gives someone a warning, and you get a certain number of monthly warnings before you get banned. So, in most cases ... a single person reporting a chat will not do anything. You need multiple people flagging the chat. Otherwise, the warning will just slide off their account at the end of the month. Depending on what type of account they have ... some accounts can take a lot of warnings before they receive a ban.
@Don Von Alpha Dom

It could work but it might only be a temporary solution. I know this psychopath will just make a new account and do the same, like he made 13 different ones to continue harassing me when I blocked him. He won't just stop that easily but it might stop him for a while as he'll need to start all over again. Worth a shot tho, thanks for the advice I have no idea how to otherwise handle this idiot. I'll start by banning together with the people he has also done this too.
Posted 10 months ago
@DevilJnr

The only other strategy I have, is for you to AFK park your account in a dozen plus rooms at all times for a week or two. Let them get frustrated trying to stalk / bully someone who isn't even there. If you always appear to be online and always in a ton of rooms, it makes it a lot harder for them to tell when and were you are actually playing.

When you can't prevent your opponent from finding your tracks, make a shit ton of them to waste their time. Muddy the waters. Let them drink in as much mud as they want.
Posted 10 months ago
@Don Von Alpha Dom

I agree with Don, this is the best option, and if you want help, send his name in PVT and I will invite friends to report this idiot.
This is just an update on this crazy situation. Turns out the accounts stalking me is someone impersonating that person but wait it gets crazier. The "victim" is also impersonating his "attacker". (They are both guilty here). The one has leaked nudes of the other and a friend by using their own friend to do this. So I went from having a stalker to learning that I'm being stalked cause 4 people are arguing over some bs (I still don't know the original cause of their argument). I finally got IMVU to pay attention the the situation via websites like sitejabber and other as well as leaving a bad review on the app and telling them that I'll just speak to the media if the don't do anything. They randomly started following tons of accounts because they are arguing... who tf does that? Why?

Anyway IMVU is now gonna investigate further apparently not sure I fully believe them when they say that but I have compiled a decent size file to just share to whatever media outlet would like to know about this bs as they are following a lot of imvu's gay community to try and prove some weird point about each other... We get it, they are all shitty people no need to stalk us and blow up our feeds with posts about how bad one another is to make that point.