Is there anybody who uses laptop?

Jayslicklife
by Jayslicklife · 9 posts
3 months ago in Help & Support
Posted 3 months ago · Author
I currently use a HP laptop to play games live IMVU and Secondlife, but I’m having a problem with disk space. I bought an external hard drive so that i can put the apps on there but it’s not working. Everytime i download the apps they always go onto the laptop and not on the hard drive. I’m wondering if anyone else uses external drive, or Do i have to buy an internal one?
Posted 3 months ago
i think you would need a internal one
Posted 3 months ago
You should be able to, you can either make sure the installation path is in the external drive every time you install a program, or you can move them manually after. (And make a new shortcut so it's convenient) In this tutorial, we will show you how to move installed programs from your computer's internal drive to an external drive.

It's important to note that not all programs can be moved to an external drive. Some programs have specific dependencies or they may require certain system resources that are only available on the internal drive. So it might take a bit of trial and error, but for IMVU that shouldnt be a problem
Posted 3 months ago
This is not pertaining to your question.. but would you like to be friends on second life I’m kinda new to it and need friends .
Posted 3 months ago
@Jayslicklife

As a solution, I can suggest installing the OS on your external disk, and installing games there already. This will be the easiest way out.
Posted 3 months ago · Author
@Ladytoxic

PM Me for Username.

-- Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:18 am --

@Alex69420

Thank you!

-- Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:19 am --

@_Sun_

Appreciate the help! Thanks a lot I'm going to try it right now.
Posted 3 months ago
@Alex69420

Yeah what he said
Posted 3 months ago
@Jayslicklife

Hope it works for you :)
Posted 3 months ago
Choosing the installation paths to your external storage should work..