Limits to send credits

Kleixx
by Kleixx · 11 posts
1 month ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 1 month ago · Author
Hello, I come to tell you about my experiences with the credit limits to send through imvu to other users, it is known that all normal users, even if they have vip, age, ap, years of imvu, etc; They have a daily limit to send (10,000 daily and 50,000 monthly), which is why it is very annoying. In my case, I am here to tell you that being a creator, I reached level 8 in a month that I was active and could send (75,000 daily and 375,000 per month), I believe that this month of August I will go up to level 9, since I was active with creations and respecting the different missions of the tier lists, as soon as they raise my level, I will be telling my experience when I reach level 9 and the daily and monthly limit they have at that level

I know that by calling imvu support you can send more credits, but they will be asking you and giving you trouble to send the credits, all for "security", but it is something cumbersome to do
Posted 1 month ago
From my perspective as a non-creator user, credit limits on IMVU can be quite restrictive and sometimes frustrating. The standard limits of 10,000 credits daily and 50,000 monthly for most users are relatively low, especially compared to the needs of those who frequently send credits to friends, participate in events, or purchase multiple products at once.

While I understand that these limits are designed to protect security and prevent fraud, it can be annoying to have to contact IMVU support to send larger amounts of credits. This process often involves additional verification and can be tedious, reducing the flexibility for making quick and simple transactions.

The fact that creators have higher limits upon reaching certain levels seems like a good way to recognize and reward their active participation. For regular users, however, having more options or higher credit limits without going through complicated processes could improve the overall experience on the platform.

In summary, I think IMVU could consider adjusting the limits or simplifying the process for requesting exceptions, thus providing a smoother and more satisfying experience for all users.
@ITH4K

For me what they should do is a little adjustment, because on the one hand it is good that they put these limits for security, because literally if they enter your account and steal 10.000 credits they are already taking 10 dollars from your pocket, but well... what imvu could do is, create 2fa codes sent to the mail, every time you want to make a transaction and increase the limits, I think this would tighten the security even more. .. it is also true that it is quite tedious to be talking to the support to transfer a certain amount, and on top of that to run the risk that they close your account for "security"; but well imvu instead of fighting against that supposed security or h4ck, is afraid that other people sell the credits cheaper, they lose sales, that's what really scares them haha.

-- Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:45 am --

@ITH4K

now that I think about it, it's a bit controversial, because if in the hypothetical case that they enter your account, they could send the credits to the account they want, creating a sticker and sending the amount they want... but now I don't know if imvu takes the credits away from the user who received the credits or if they reimburse in some way.
Posted 1 month ago
theres a easy way around this. just buy them creds you can buy all the creds you want... dont like the limits then dont use them... your dev creds are your to send. over the years i spent something like 25000 or more on friends. not including gifts. most of it i just bought for them. didnt have to deal with limits...
@nightmarechild

yes, I use this method when someone pays something from my store, but in the case of wanting to distribute credits as an unofficial seller, it is a bit tedious these limits of imvu, I must have around 10 accounts, to be able to send 50k in a day if the customer wants to.
Posted 1 month ago
@nightmarechild

Does IMVU allow you buy credits for other accounts? I haven't bought creds in over a decade so I'm not familiar with it anymore but it was my understanding that they deliver them to the account that was logged in at the time. Is this no longer the case?
Posted 1 month ago
you can buy then creds as gifts now
and not all of is useing it to lauder creds some of us just play the game.
@DataMine

If you can send credits as a gift from the classic imvu page, all you have to do is choose the amount of credits you want to send and then there is an option that allows you to send the credits as a gift (it also allows you to send upgrades) , I leave you a photo so you can see what I'm talking about, I'm sure you saw it

https://imgur.com/a/rNTVizs
Posted 1 month ago
@Kleixx

Oh, cool. I was not aware of that.

How does that work with customers though? You would have to charge more than the credits cost so why would someone buy from you assuming they can buy them themselves?
@DataMine

The thing is that we do not sell credits there, but rather we sell the black market, and since some products have 40,000 credits, some clients, since they have an imvu limit of 10,000, send the credits from there