Creating a Trigger Dick from Scratch

technoflex
by technoflex · 7 posts
4 weeks ago in Basic Creator Help
Posted 4 weeks ago · Author
Hello,

This is my first post here.
I am creating a trigger dick from scratch. well, i should say its already made pretty much. meshed, uv unwrapped, anyskinned, layered with a detail layer and went the extra mile to put a tattoo layer on it as well. ive made all the morphs that put the dick into its various positions. The item is derived from male bottoms as the dick is connected to the pelvis to look cohesive, but that means the only way to animate it is using morphs. However, im running into a hiccup, when creating an action thats meant to hold position, im supposed to put the start and end frame at the frame(s) that hold the desired position, and then the loop count at 0 so that it stays there indefinitely.

When seperating the positions out into triggered morphs, im noticing that the morph effects overlap rather than replace. So the first action i test works fine, but then the second one i press influences the existing position rather than replaces it entirely. and the more i test, the more it averages and wont go fully into any of the triggers. How do i prevent this?

thank you in advance for your time.

-- Thu Aug 22, 2024 5:13 pm --

just a quick update i figured it out:

IMVU toolkit exports shape keys with the "name of the morph".xpf, but if ur morph name has .Exclusive in it, it includes the period in the file name so that confuses the engine as to what the file extension is (as there are 2 dots now) so it doesnt recognize the xpf,

what i did:
exported from blender without the .Exclusive extension, import into classic, got the xpf, renamed the morph names in the xpf i got with the proper suffixes, and then in blender i renamed the morph targets with .Exclusive as well. However, on import into imvu studio, i dont include the morph animation that the toolkit exports, and instead i add my xpf that i edited, ensuring that the names in the xpf match the shape keys in blender. i hope this helps in case anyone else has this concern
Posted 4 weeks ago
@technoflex

Hello, sorry for not responding to the post itself, but I'm curious about what the nude is like, could you share with us what it is like?
@Kleixx

thank you for your interest in the product

at the moment its untextured so it just has a base layer that is mapped onto the imvu skin texture along with 2 layer meshes that are skintight along the member itself. im unsure if posting nsfw content in help and support is allowed. i dont mind sharing the preview privately or in the appropriate section of the forum but im new here so would need some guidance where would the right place to post it.
Posted 4 weeks ago
@technoflex

What you could do is join the community discord https://discord.gg/F6fdSzsD there is a channel where you can share and they also give you ideas or help right there more directly, I know that once a guy was developing in a 3d program for a penis and they had said that imvu was not going to allow them due to the number of polygons, but be careful, it is close to ap+ and maybe you can make it work there
@Kleixx

ahh im already in that discord, i was posting asking for help in the mesher channel.
im actually one of the ap+ creator beta testers and doing my research here with the pioneers of the craft, trying to figure out the technical details to bridge the gap between creating these type of products on imvu classic vs now exclusively using imvu creator studio. so working to streamline the imvu toolkit for blender to avoid xpf editing and using blender to do everything.

once i have a complete breakdown of how to make something reliably and quickly, i will post a tutorial. now that i figured out the exclusive morph animations im pretty much ready to start texturing and finish up the product.

looking forward to sharing the results with you all, and i hope you enjoy ap+

EDIT: to reply to your polygonal comment, i did retopologize my mesh so its very light on the polygon count, only 7k triangles, and that INCLUDES the male pelvis that it is attached to as well as the 2 layers. kbs for the mesh are around 300 for just the mesh and animation. with textures i wager it will be around 500 kbs ish tops. so very light load for the imvu engine
Posted 4 weeks ago
@technoflex

So perfect brother that has low kbs and great that you upload a tutorial of that... I thought for a moment that you were creating the dick for the black market, but perfect that it is for the ap+
@Kleixx

in all fairness i did add more morph targets which made the kbs go up considerably, but still managaeable, and the tutorial for how to make it i will write up soon and maybe start a new thread explaining it, or appending it here as the topic matches the title.