If you could rewrite the TOS

Nikky Maxim
by Nikky Maxim · 18 posts
13 years ago in Social Games
Posted 11 years ago
I would just like it to be more logical for the people who have been there a long time and spent tons of money (like me) .. it appears to me that the TOS can change on the whim of whoever is at the helm that day .. most of the new changes to the rules amke everyone fairly upset..
Posted 11 years ago
zaq321 wrote:
I would just like it to be more logical for the people who have been there a long time and spent tons of money (like me) .. it appears to me that the TOS can change on the whim of whoever is at the helm that day .. most of the new changes to the rules amke everyone fairly upset..

It feels that way because that's how it is. You can be banned or punished without notice for anything these days if a mod or someone feel like it.
Posted 11 years ago
If I could rewrite the ToS, I'd wipe it out.

One and Only Rule: There are no Rules.
Posted 11 years ago
BloodLustD wrote:
If I could rewrite the ToS, I'd wipe it out.

One and Only Rule: There are no Rules.

Where people abuse eachother left and right.
Posted 11 years ago
include a sex machine
Posted 9 years ago
D.M wrote:
Don Von Free Credits wrote:I would start by removing IMVU's shit out of luck clause which says they can disable you at any time without warning or reason. Til that is removed from the TOS, you can add / remove anything from the TOS you want and it will mean nothing.
True^^
I would re write it so it's not full of contradictions and unclear rules. I would make it fair to the users and harsh to the REAL offenders.

Absolutely agree!

ALSO

Copyright and Trademark Infringements

Only the intellectual property rights owner or the owner's authorized agent is permitted to report potentially infringing materials through IMVU's reporting system set forth below. If you are not the intellectual property rights owner or the owner's authorized agent, you should contact the intellectual property rights owner and they can choose whether to use the procedures set forth in these Terms.

Notification: IMVU respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we require you to do the same when interfacing with the Site or Products.

WHEN IMVU DISABLE AN CREATOR'S ACCOUNT, THEN THEY CONTINUE TO SELL PRODUCTS BY THIS CREATOR. THIS DOESN'T MEAN INFRINGE THE LAW? WHERE THEY RESPECTS THE PROPERTY RIGHTS OF OTHER? THIS IS CALLED STEAL, AND NOT RESPET!
Posted 9 years ago
TylerG4HQ wrote:
I don't read the TOS, which I'm sure I should, but I agree with Don's post a lot. Accounts that get disabled without a warning/email/notification is harsh.

Couldn't concur more, should give at least 24 or 48 hours to correct whatever they think we did wrong. My main account got disabled twice same day, 2nd time is like 7 hours while I was sleeping! it's bullshark!