How do I do this? (Please Help)

Dinooos
by Dinooos · 12 posts
15 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 15 years ago · Author
Okay, so I have a public room on IMVU for furries; and I madea group for it last night; but it wont let me post an working HTML link to the room; I was wondering if I was doing it wrong.. so could someone please tell me the correct way? :x
maybe a print screen shot?
Posted 15 years ago
:twisted: This isnt my field but i say imvu groups dont use html... i think its bbcode... I think you should click on the syntax when you are going to make a posts.... then read up on how to do the bbcode... bbcode is the simpler part of html i think.... lol more easier so to speak.
Posted 15 years ago
Easier??? I prefer HTMLcode to that cheapness....
Posted 15 years ago
Just helping the mobster :evil: besides if she/he dont know how to do bbcode how the F^$%^ will he/she will know how to use html... wait... I'm guessing he/she knows hjow to use html... imvu groups do not allow html, they only allow bbcode :evil: hence we have to endore the cheapness of it :twisted: wish i could kill the person who came up wit the cheap M^&((&(&($ bbcode only C!&$ :evil:
Posted 15 years ago
Dinooos wrote:
Okay, so I have a public room on IMVU for furries; and I madea group for it last night; but it wont let me post an working HTML link to the room; I was wondering if I was doing it wrong.. so could someone please tell me the correct way? :x
maybe a print screen shot?

You can use bbc code in the group, like this:

Code
[URL=http://]Click Here For Our Room[/URL]

You can not place the group's join URL inside of the bbc join link, but you can place the URL to the group's database page...where they can then click on the join link.
I have tried the bbcode as Don posted; but it never takes me to the room when I click it. it takes me to a search site.
Posted 15 years ago
Dinooos wrote:
I have tried the bbcode as Don posted; but it never takes me to the room when I click it. it takes me to a search site.

Here is an example:

Code
[URL=http://www.imvu.com/rooms/naruto-training-temple]Click Here[/URL]

Click Here
Thanks, it's close enough to what I wanted.
Posted 15 years ago
Dinooos wrote:
Thanks, it's close enough to what I wanted.

Yes, sadly what you wanted is not possible, unless you have your own website and want to take the time programing a page in javascript to re-direct people straight into your room, so we have given you the next best thing.
Posted 15 years ago
how does java script look for automatic action after open page .. ?