IMVU Rant

Gr8bugaly
by Gr8bugaly · 5 posts
10 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 10 years ago · Author
I usually get prepaid IMVU cards as gifts from friend and relatives. The IMVU knowledgebase mentioned that players could use the prepaid IMVU cards to buy IMVU VIP membership or buy credits. Whenever I go to the IMVU site to redeem the cards, it doesn't give me that option to choose either one. It always defaults to buying credits. I always have to send a ticket.

In the past, I redeemed a $25 card; sent a ticket, requesting that I only needed one month of VIP membership and the balance would go to my credits; just FYI, I also reminded them that I would get a free name registration as a promo mentioned in their prepaid IMVU card site. So far, I didn't have any problem.

3 days ago, I created a dummy account associated with a different email, and redeemed a $25 card. Again, it defaulted to credits. I sent a ticket, and an "IMVU Educator" responded that I could only choose either 3 months of VIP membership (in fact, it should be 4 months, since it's the avatar's first VIP membership) or 25,000 credits; unfortunately, I couldn't split it to VIP and credits. Darn it, 20/20 hindsight, I should have redeemed a $10 card then to get VIP membership. I replied back, instructing them I wanted 3-month VIP membership. At this time, I also received free promo credits, ~ 3,000. In game, a GF invited me to go to a beach resort chat room to meet some friends. Dang, my new avatar didn't have a pair of swimming trunks. Quickly looking at the catalog, I bought a cheap one, costing 349 credits (no worries, thinking that I have a 28,000 credit balance). Later that evening, IMVU responded that I couldn't use the VIP membership because I bought an item from the catalog. I was wondering that shouldn't be a problem because I had enough promo credits. WTH? Whatever! I just let it go, no point arguing with them, and wasting my time... Dammit.

It seems that the "IMVU Educators" are not consistent responding to tickets of the same issue.

Why don't they fix their freakin' IMVU site to give the players that option to choose either VIP or credits when redeeming the prepaid IMVU cards, so players don't have to send tickets. I am sure some players don't even know how to send tickets. I suspect IMVU want the players to pay via credit card, so it will be a recurring thing. :( That's sad...
Posted 10 years ago
You redeem the card here and then a dialog pops up and you select either credits or vip. http://www.imvu.com/prepaidcard/index.php/united-states

I've done it a few times.
Thanks much, Sir D.M. Next time I redeem a prepaid IMVU card, I'll surely use your link.
Don Von Free Credits wrote:
I know it use to depend on where you bought the card from. Cards from certain countries do not allow VIP.

I bought the prepaid IMVU cards from Walmart located in mainland U.S.A.