should i decompile .xrf files too?

GREY
by GREY · 11 posts
7 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 7 years ago · Author
hi guys,
i found soo many .xrf files on the meshes, i open it on notepad nad its encrypted,
so should i decompile it too as i decompile .xmf,.xsf,.xaf,.xpf
but from the tools that i have bought long time ago(before i join TIM) theres no .xrf decompiler included.

so it is ok if i leave that file that way?
Posted 7 years ago
GREY wrote:
hi guys,
i found soo many .xrf files on the meshes, i open it on notepad nad its encrypted,
so should i decompile it too as i decompile .xmf,.xsf,.xaf,.xpf
but from the tools that i have bought long time ago(before i join TIM) theres no .xrf decompiler included.so it is ok if i leave that file that way?

It's possible but I don't really see a purpose. You can normally change the texture name inside them even when encrypted.
D.M wrote:
It's possible but I don't really see a purpose. You can normally change the texture name inside them even when encrypted.

yeah i have ckhn editor which encrypt xmf,xsf,xpf,xaf file name to random number.
is that enough that way?
Posted 7 years ago
GREY wrote:
is that enough that way?

Enough for what? Why are you encrypting the assets in the first place?
D.M wrote:
Enough for what? Why are you encrypting the assets in the first place?

no, i encrypt the assets after decompiling and hashing process
Posted 7 years ago
GREY wrote:
no, i encrypt the assets after decompiling and hashing process

Yes..and why are you encrypting them at all is what I am asking.
Posted 7 years ago
is there actually a way to open and read the files inside of a chkn file like if i have a file that there is no mesh to can i get like the xml files and all that. i am very new too editing and would like to know how this all works if anyone can elaborate on ti and tell mi it would be cool
D.M wrote:
Yes..and why are you encrypting them at all is what I am asking.

cuz the tools done that, it will encrypt all file names(xaf,xmf and xpf only the rest not changed)

this is the tool that i use http://prntscr.com/e1q8g8

idk its included on the decompiler package.

-- Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:17 am --

T0nT0n wrote:
is there actually a way to open and read the files inside of a chkn file like if i have a file that there is no mesh to can i get like the xml files and all that. i am very new too editing and would like to know how this all works if anyone can elaborate on ti and tell mi it would be cool

i use 7zip to extract it, maybe @D.M has more powerfull tools for it
Posted 7 years ago
T0nT0n wrote:

You can decompile assets in a chkn to read the xml using my decryptors on the market.
Posted 7 years ago
that i use http://prntscr.com/e1q8g8idk its included on the decompiler package.

That program in your screenshot is a low grade knockoff of the asset renamer that we give out for free with every black market sex product order. That program not going to encrypt your asset contents. That knockoff program is just going to rename your files. Calling file renaming "encrypting" is equivalent to calling a dog a rose and expecting people not to see that it is a dog. Still smells like a dog, still sounds like a dog, still walks like a dog. Calling it a rose does not fool anyone that it is still a dog.