YouTube Retires AS API - 1000's of IMVU Products Break

Don Von Alpha Dom
by Don Von Alpha Dom · 12 posts
7 years ago in IMVU News
Posted 7 years ago
Don Von Alpha Dom wrote:
True, IMVU staff should not take the technology away by choice, but they should supplement it with newer technology, else eventually the time will come when they are forced to retire Flash ... and there will be nothing to replace it. I am assuming IMVU uses mozilla or some third party engine and Flash player to render the flash widgets. What happens when that stops supporting Flash or is no longer maintained? Flash would stop working and we would have nothing to replace it. Most browsers already block Flash by default.

I agree. To me, even the current flash banners etc, is difficult for the everyday developer to make. Its annoyingly complicated. I'm all for something to replace it, but again, I know why they haven't. It really doesn't matter what change it is, they will get an uproar response. They don't intentionally like to piss us off but its inevitable really. Also, since currently they have already had it with the IMVUnext/taking away the old forums (<--two very huge deals in the community at the current moment.)they aren't likely to put any attention to anything else any time soon. Also simply because its imvu and its a general thing for them to wait til the last min to do anything about a problem.
Posted 7 years ago
well rip to youtube video.