Microsoft Trying to ban thirdParty Antivirus Softwear

Christian
by Christian · 10 posts
7 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 7 years ago · Author
Microsoft is trying to prevent antivirus companies from offering their software for Windows 10, according to complaints filed in the European Union and Russia last week.

Following a complaint from antivirus software maker Kaspersky Labs, Russia's Federal Antimonopoly Service (FAS) opened an investigation into Microsoft's practices related to Windows Defender, the built-in antivirus software in Windows 10.

Im wondering if Microsoft is going to reimburse me for Antivirus softwear I purchase since they got other plans in mind. I think im gona switch to Mac!
Does anyone know how/if i can install Mac os on microsoft machine (windows 10)?
Posted 7 years ago
Microsoft is not preventing you from using your own anti-virus. You can always turn off windows defender and install your own anti-virus. Russia is only complaining because the newest windows 10 update turns window's built in anti-virus back on if your subscription to a paid third party anti-virus runs out. It is a new and innovative security feature that makes sure you are not without protection should you lapse on your third party anti-virus payments. Microsoft does not owe you a refund for protecting you when you forget to pay the bills. If you forget to pay your third party anti-virus subscription on time; just renew your third party anti-virus subscription and turn windows defender back off.
So, your telling me that windows defender is 100% legit, I always thought that Microsoft added the software to make windows look good. If that’s the case I can cancel my subscription with Kaspersky. I always turn the shit off cause I’m thinking it’s no good. I swear I was switching to mac for real but good looking out Don thanks for the heads up.
Posted 7 years ago
Christian wrote:
So, your telling me that windows defender is 100% legit, I always thought that Microsoft added the software to make windows look good. If that’s the case I can cancel my subscription with Kaspersky. I always turn the shit off cause I’m thinking it’s no good. I swear I was switching to mac for real but good looking out Don thanks for the heads up.

Yes, Windows defender is a legit anti-virus, but I would not use it as your main anti-virus for any lengthy amount of time. Windows defender is too main stream, so it is what hackers will be targeting. Just like I would not use Norton nor mcafee. They are too main stream. Hackers will be trained on how to get past them.

Imagine you are a bike thief and 90% of people are all using the same type / brand of bike lock. You are going to learn how to pick that type of bike lock so you can steal 90% of bikes. Anti-virus are the same way. If 90% of people are using the same anti-virus, then a h4c|<7r is going to learn how to h4c|< that type of anti-virus, so they can h4c|< 90% of computers. (90% is just a made up example number, but you get the idea)

Your Kaspersky is a good choice.
Posted 7 years ago
Christian wrote:
Does anyone know how/if i can install Mac os on microsoft machine (windows 10)?

Yes, it's possible but not always easy or straight forward. There's a website dedicated to the subject: http://www.hackintosh.com/
Don Von Alpha Dom wrote:
Christian wrote:So, your telling me that windows defender is 100% legit, I always thought that Microsoft added the software to make windows look good. If that’s the case I can cancel my subscription with Kaspersky. I always turn the shit off cause I’m thinking it’s no good. I swear I was switching to mac for real but good looking out Don thanks for the heads up.Yes, Windows defender is a legit anti-virus, but I would not use it as your main anti-virus for any lengthy amount of time. Windows defender is too main stream, so it is what #@©ɮ£Я§ will be targeting. Just like I would not use Norton nor mcafee. They are too main stream. #@©ɮ£Я§ will be trained on how to get past them.Imagine you are a bike thief and 90% of people are all using the same type / brand of bike lock. You are going to learn how to pick that type of bike lock so you can plunder 90% of bikes. Anti-virus are the same way. If 90% of people are using the same anti-virus, then a h4(k3r is going to learn how to h4(k that type of anti-virus, so they can h4(k 90% of computers. (90% is just a made up example number, but you get the idea)Your Kaspersky is a good choice.

Yeah I notice with Kaspersky its protects browsers and what not, defender don’t give you that option, am not even sure what all it does and as a victim of identity theft I’m Leary. My Kaspersky subscription got another 4 months I think I’ll just go head and pay the $90.00. better safe than sorry right.

-- Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:29 pm --

D.M wrote:
Christian wrote:Does anyone know how/if i can install Mac os on microsoft machine (windows 10)?Yes, it's possible but not always easy or straight forward. There's a website dedicated to the subject: http://www.hackintosh.com/

Thanks for the link but i might be better off buying a mac than installing it on my pc, I don’t think my pc meets the system requirements lol. But I’ll keep researching if I can switch I will.
Posted 7 years ago
I believe WIndows defender has been in WIndow's OS's since WIndows 7
Posted 7 years ago
MrsCCMorgan21 wrote:
I believe WIndows defender has been in WIndow's OS's since WIndows 7

It's been around since XP as an optional download. It started shipping with Vista.
Posted 7 years ago
Well, In my opinion, I dont have a problem to use Windows defender as my Anti virus ( And Im using him atm ) because if you dont make a lot of downloads or torrent alot, Windows defender is a good choice, but however, if you want more extra protection, I see no problem for you to continue and not cancel the Kaspersky sub.