What don't you miss about being young?

AznPuff
by AznPuff · 82 posts
9 years ago in Social Games
Posted 9 years ago
Hahahaha my first answer was going to be curfews as well, but I'll go with my next answer of busting my ass with school work. :lol:
Posted 7 years ago
going to bed at a certain time :kat_emoji18:
Posted 7 years ago
MrsHatch1 wrote:
going to bed at a certain time

Thats exactly what i miss !
I'm a grown ass woman and i love taking naps during the day . So fucking amazing to just do nothing and sleep . Going to bed at a certain time and not like now whenever would be way better lol .
What i hate about being young is not having a job and not being able to buy whatever i want to lol .

-- Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:16 pm --

Darkest Fantasy wrote:
Hahahaha my first answer was going to be curfews as well, but I'll go with my next answer of busting my ass with school work.

Better than busting your ass with work work lol .
Posted 7 years ago
Well, seems everything I would choose has been said, so Ill just elaborate on them all & give some details!

AznPuff wrote:
I don't miss curfews.

It's funny, I always hated having to be home by the "lights out".. So when the street lights came on, we had to already be in the house- When I got in middle school, my mom stopped allowing me to play outside, I had to be more "grown" and do chores, then start my homework, cook family dinner, finish homework...

Pampered Pancake wrote:
Bedtimes

This is one thing my mom was very relaxed about as long as I was home.. We had to be in bed by 9 but we could leave our televisions on all night if we wanted or stay up on the phone.. Once I was in high school I became really rebellious though- my friends would have sleepovers or get togethers that would last pretty late, such as movies, and I was never allowed to go because I had to be home, in my own bed at 9 pm.

Pampered Pancake wrote:
Asking permission

The freedom of being an adult now really opened my eyes to how trapped I was as a child. My mom never trusted anyone around me, thinking they would be a bad influence.. So asking to go some place or hang out with a friend, almost ALWAYS got a big fat NO!.. My Aunt often jokes about how she would want me to go to her house and play with my cousin but my mom would tell her I couldnt because I was grounded AGAIN- I somehow spent my entire 12-18 year old life "grounded". Which really left me with only a "at school" social life & let me tell you, I LOVED SCHOOL for just that reason lmaooo

Hempy wrote:
Heavy school bags

Besides my bad posture while sitting at a computer, I swear, all of my current upper back problems are backpack related. I carried so many school binders.. Im a bit over organized so I had 1 for notes & 1 for homework, then of course all the necessities because we didnt have lockers & Im a chick- lotion, brush, deodorant, every color pen & highlighter. I went to a huge school, walked from one side of the campus to the other, up and down stairs, that backpack was NOT fun.

PoppingLetters wrote:
I really don't miss when I was a little kid, my opinion in a situation never mattered. So, if I wanted to say something in a situation they would go like "You don't understand you are just a child." I was a smart kid, I did understand.

I was raised to be intelligent, I always had an opinion & happily input it.. The random adults I came across really liked to drop this line & I could NOT stand it. Thankfully my mother was always quick to back me up- Unless of course I was making changes to an idea she created, then I was wrong and she was right lol

Nikky Maxim wrote:
What i hate about being young is not having a job and not being able to buy whatever i want to lol .

I worked helping my mom with her business daily & I did all the chores.. Never earned any pay or an allowance.. That I definitely do not miss because now, I get paid for all my hard work & it really helps me feel better about myself and my life.
Posted 7 years ago
All my restrictions and curfews, my parents were VERY STRICT and usually made my life miserable. I was an academic in school and even worked odd jobs since I was thirteen for my own spending money. Took care of my siblings, took care of the pets and waited on my dad when my mom was at work, etc. Didn't matter, they still ruled with an iron hand. I was the oldest so they expected me to do the chores. I was so happy when I left home after graduation. The only thing I missed was my 3yr old youngest brother I took care of since he was born.
Posted 7 years ago
not having an existential crisis
Posted 7 years ago
Narcozepxx wrote:
I worked helping my mom with her business daily & I did all the chores.. Never earned any pay or an allowance.. That I definitely do not miss because now, I get paid for all my hard work & it really helps me feel better about myself and my life.

Well my mom didn't have her own business and i was rather poor growing up . We only got intoa better financial situation when i was 16 . But now when i work it really does improve life .
Posted 7 years ago
early bed time and not able to walk to school