Clothes<3

chrissythehottie
by chrissythehottie · 18 posts
14 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 7 years ago
Like some people already said here, its not really about of the creators being greedy ( Yeah, I know, there are exceptions, this time, I saw one skin costing 1249842 credits, which is an ridiculous price ) but normally its because of the IMVU Creator shop Policy, when they take a huge chunk of the credits you earned with your made products.
Posted 7 years ago
Alot of Creators will charge more for thier products now because of losing the resellers of credits and being forced to buy from IMVU only. I remember I could buy 100k of credits for 30 dollars and now 30 dollars on a good day with IMVU only buys you 50K. It's true that there are charges when you make a product such as IMVU fee then submission fee and then the mesher fee so after you have those to pay for then the creator must try and think of what they will charge to be able to recoup what they spent. Normally they will price it at double at first to recoup what they spent and some then will lower it back down after wards as then it is only profit. But I have seen some alot on hairs that will take a hair the most I have seen them is 500 credits but I have seen Dev's charge over 1k or 2k for their hairs and I have taken their hairs into create and tore them apart to see what exactly makes them different from a 800 credit hair and really it's the same texture as most have googled and found on the freebie sites. So then those are the types that are greedy and well sell nothing. IF you see items marked up well over 50k then those are items that creators know no one will buy and they hope no one will buy as they were designed for specific people or families on IMVu. On items such as that I simply hide the products and opt to not place them in the catty.
Posted 6 years ago
Love all types of clothes but very picky. Polo, Adidas, Lucky, I look for all the good sales to buy though. I don't like spending lots and lots of money on clothes. I just try to buy the best comfortable fit I can get lol. As I mentioned I am picky.
Posted 6 years ago
If you are picky and only a few creators make what you are willing to buy, then whatever price ranges you see are going to be narrowed. Some creators create their items through file sales, others spend hours, even days to create things from scratch. That will affect prices as well.

Imvu has their hands in every part of the creating process from creation to delivering what little profit they allow the creator to get...2 weeks AFTER the sale.

You try creating on there..not as easy as the "Pros" make it look. ;)
Posted 6 years ago
I create most my own clothes I buy from good creators that are great priced shops. it all depends on if you are making the product from the orginal mesh that imvu provides to start from. or deriving it from another creator. To make a fresh mesh that is start to finish only cost around 300 credit submission fee plus whatever you charge then there is a small markup fee depending on how much you charge for. you can make 1k credit markup for only around 1200 plus 300 submission fee which makes it only 500 one time submission and you get 1k per sale so it's still profit if you making products that priced from mesh. I guess it all depends on who you derive from. That is a big factor. :)
Posted 6 years ago
If you are picky and only a few creators make what you are willing to buy
Posted 6 years ago
There are some as I have seen that will try and mark up thier products 600 and higher to resell so that that 600 comes in thier pocket. I normally price mine at the most 200 over what I derive from not much of a profit but does pay for my time it takes to Derive it. Sometimes when you see the 100k + items instead of a Creator making the item hidden in thier catty is because they are putting it out there so people can see their work they price them high so no one will buy them. If you pay that much you're foolish.

Example if a hair costs you 800 then the person selling it may be making 150 to 200 credits the rest goes to IMVU as well as the Mesher. So the more it is derived over and over and if people do not look for the orginal to Dev off of then yes the price will be higher. Believe it or not there used to be a time when hairs were only about 300 but that was years ago. Meshers normally charge 500 for thier hairs to begin with and then IMVU puts thier fees in and then thier cut each time you make a sell and then when you do it you put on what you would like for it. So again it goes down to the Mesher setting the orginal price that determines what those that dev off them are gonna charge for adding color to it.

I do not know if anyone else has noticed either but there is basically alot of Juml and I mean pure trash looking garbage that people are putting in the catty to sell and then charging 1400 credits for the items Well sorry to say something that is done real crappy will not get that price and no one will buy it so it will sit there taking up space. Which gets at me because when you create something that is great looking it is buried in the new stuff under the crap and normally a person will look at only the first 5 pages of new items.

For those doing Crappy Derived items please take the time to google free textures as there are alot out there available there are also places where creators make and take the time to make textures and sell them for a fair price. I have been a creator now for years and I know in 2009/2010 we lost alot of the greats that were established as being well known because of the changing of pricing and that they were not making anything and well if you are a mesher then you know all the charges there is as well as having to wait to get your money if you opted to get paid. Myself I choose the credits and that still ticks me off now to wait 2 weeks to get the credits. As I use the credits to tirn around and create more. Less sells less new products

Now some get used to 1 or 2 creators and only buy from them as they like thier products but I ask you take a look at some of the others out there that have been merging as there is alot of up and coming great creators. A little incentive also is when you try new Creators and they see that you start to purchase from them usually after the 5th item they will gift you one of thier items if you have some of thier items on your WL. I know that is what I do with my customers after buying 5 of my items I gift them a item from my catty if they have other items of mine on thier wl. and I don't look for the cheapest thing to send them. Some I noticed that if you write a review on thier products they will gift you a certain item they have designed to give or even a badge or a sticker. They don't advertise this but most do it. Show your appreciation for thier items and write reviews for what you buy it also helps them with thier teir leveling.

Anyways as usual what I write is in my opinion and should not reflect the views of what others may think.

:tlaconcerned:
Posted 4 years ago
I wish I could buy all shop I like find good creators and save the best of them in my list. I am thinking about to create my clothes