Retired IMVU Account

Agree
by Agree · 4 posts
6 years ago in Help & Support
Posted 6 years ago · Author
It been 4 years since I been on IMVU. so I woke up one day saying, "I Feel Like Playing IMVU Today". So when I got my info and went to the sign in section, i couldn't sign in of course. So I file a token and they basically stated that I couldn't get my account back because someone else basically Stole my name from me because I haven't Log In in a while. T*F? So they telling me my account basically got Stolen "not the accessories obviously" from me? That's crazy, so all my money I spent on that account and the little credits I have on it is gone?
Posted 6 years ago
I know how you feel dude. I took 10 months off of imvu to pursue a few real life goals. I come back, and it says my account is retired now. Worst part is, I don't know the email address for it so they won't let me change the password nor change my username without the email address and I had spent like $1200 on that account including money for a few black market items.
Posted 6 years ago
I don't know how old your account is but I have three accounts - a main and two alts - that aren't retired, disabled or anything. They are still there and look fine. Products are still available for sale in the catalog. Account names have nothing appended to them. After not using them for 5 years, CS told me they would not reactivate them because they were all accounts from 2007 and they would all be grandfathered developer accounts and they were not allowed to reactivate grandfathered dev accounts - period! End of story! Don't bother asking again! So if your account is what...pre-2010/2011 - when did they make creator status dependent on being a VIP?...you ain't gettin it back. If your account is post the VIP to create date, you should be able to get it back with a name change just like Don said above. The only way somebody could 'take' your name is if it was inactive and they filed a ticket with CS and requested to be given that name. If that's the case, you're also SOL as far as the 'name' is concerned but the account should still be available with a name change token.