IMVULite [Updated 04-18-2024]

DataMine
by DataMine · 1476 posts
12 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 5 years ago
I just v536.6 of IMVU then followed the instructions for installing IMVULite. I know it successfully installed, as I see the option to mute someone after clicking the block option on their avi card, which certainly isn't a native feature of IMVU. However, despite the successful installation, I am still unable to use certain features that are listed in the OP, such as accessing create mode, and use of the camera widget in shop. Is there anything I can try to get around this problem @DataMine ?
Posted 5 years ago
Strangely, I am also able to use the *hiressnap and *hiresnobg commands without issue. Just not the camera widget and Create option for whatever reason.
Posted 5 years ago
Xhynrae wrote:
@XactoTested v37 Lite for the *hiressnap *hiresnobg and cam widget in shop...works fine. I'm unable to test if problem with opening create since my acct has the ability.

My acct doesn't have create but its unlocked on lite for me.

Xacto wrote:
Strangely, I am also able to use the *hiressnap and *hiresnobg commands without issue. Just not the camera widget and Create option for whatever reason.

Is create mode locked or does it crash when u use it?
Posted 5 years ago · Author
@Xacto

What I want you to do is completely remove IMVU from your computer. Using Windows Explorer navigate to %appdata% (you can paste that in the Explorer address bar). Then delete the IMVUClient folder (if you have multiple clients installed delete the one for IMVULite).

Then delete any IMVULite installer you've downloaded and re download a new copy just to make sure you don't run the wrong one by accident. Then simply install IMVULite from the IMVULite v37 exe file. Do not install the vanilla client first. Then try IMVULite again.

IMVULite is designed to be self contained, you're not supposed to install the vanilla client first. Some of the features of IMVULite like the photo widget and create mode will only work if the Installer was run successfully.

In theory installing the vanilla client first shouldn't cause any problems since IMVULite will overwrite it during install but in practice it tends to cause problems.
Posted 5 years ago
@DataMiner It didn't have an affect. I removed it manually from the AppData Roaming folder then installed the IMVULite v37 exe file as you instructed, and didn't come across anything. Afterwards, I also did it via the Delete IMVU exe file, to see if that might change anything, but it didn't. I am still unable to access create mode and the camera widget in shop.
Posted 5 years ago
Hello, When I ran DeleteIMVU.exe When I pressed Y and enter it didn't work.
Uninstalling it Manually through control panel didn't work.

How exactly do you do this? I would appreciate a reply. Thank you.

Edit: Issue solved. Thank you.
Last edited by s00perl00pi on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Posted 5 years ago
Thank you.
Posted 5 years ago
thank you. this is working great up to date for me andway better than client is.