Room rating request "requires an authenticated request"

pepsicolaa
by pepsicolaa · 3 posts
3 years ago in Javascript
Posted 3 years ago · Author
Hello, i've sniffed imvu request and found the endpoint to submit an imvu rate for a room, so i wrote a small JS code to post the right data to it, but when i do, it simply doesn't work, the server returns me "error: this service requires an authenticated request", thing is, i have no idea what they mean by that, since i already used this kind of request and only setting the "credentials:include" in my fetch request would make the trick as long as i'm logged in imvu with my browser

here is the JS snippet to run in a imvu website to avoid cors errors:
Code
const postBody = {
score: 5,
room_instance_id: 'room instance id here' // Eg: 10000000-42
}
const rateRoom = () => {
    return fetch(`https://client-dynamic.imvu.com/api/rooms/room_rating.php`, { "credentials": "include",method: 'POST', body: JSON.stringify(postBody) })
        .then(response => response.json())
        .then(data => {
            return console.log(data);
        });
}
rateRoom();

if someone know what data i need to send with it for it to work in my browser, it would be great to share, i would like to try a few stuff with this endpoint, see how their server reacts
Posted 3 years ago · Author
It does, i already used the same method to get the room data,it's the same subdomain and it works, i feel like i need to send another data, but i can't figure out what exactly