IMVULite [Updated 04-18-2024]

DataMine
by DataMine · 1476 posts
12 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 2 years ago
@DataMine

Thanks for the information. I think I panicked. First I got this error log in message "Your account has been disabled for 0 more days". So I though I maybe could log in again tomorrow if I delete everything and install the original client.
Well I came to the painful realisation that there is no hope of getting my account back.
The version of IMVULite I used must have been fairly old as I hadn't updated probably since May or June as I took some time of. Using an out of date version probably mainly caused my ban I guess.

I ope I can raise awareness of this issue. Please always keep your client updated or better use the original client.
Posted 2 years ago · Author
@Anina

Yeah, IMVULite has been updated a few times the last couple months. The latest version is safe as we've patched or removed anything that could lead to a ban.
Posted 2 years ago
DataMine wrote:
All you have to do is press the button twice to make it go away, sure it's a tad annoying but not at all difficult or time consuming.I have no plans to update the client to every minor version, that would eat up way too much time and is not necessary

@DataMine

I apologize, I don't pretend to have a new update just to fix this annoying popup. Even if I can only imagine that it's not so easy, I can realize that it costs you a lot of energy and resources (especially time) to work on the client's code.

I foolishly thought (or better, I hoped) that it could be solved by editing some registry entries or some files in the client's folder. I hope that for the next release (whatever the release date is) you will be able to find a method to overcome this insignificant but annoying problem.

Thanks for your work!
Posted 2 years ago
Anina wrote:
@Locker
I think I had access to the Creator tab and I didn't see the customer number of users in any kind of room (if you mean their ID, a long number with 9 figures)I only used IMVUlite to disable the adds as I feared getting a virus by them.
I can't find any IMVULite ZIP as I have immediately deleted anything connected to the client in the hope of saving my account.

@Anina

I wasn't referring to the CID, and yes to the Custom number of people in the room that the client previously had.
But you having access to the creator tab as a non vip/grandfathered it's enough to see that you were not using the updated version of IMVULite, which solves those security risks.

There is a post about a guy who was able to get his account unbanned for the same reason, however you need to be VIP on this site to check his post.
Posted 2 years ago
@Locker

I desperately want my account back, so it's good news for me to hear that someone who was banned for the same reason got his account back.
Do I have to pay to get VIP on this site. Unfortunately I'm short of money which is the main reason why I really want my account back as I have already spent a lot of money on it :(

Is it only one post that is relevant? Is it against the rules if you copy and paste it? Or could you maybe summarize his main point he explained to IMVU to get his account back?
My first language isn't English which makes it hard for me to debate with IMVU.
Posted 2 years ago
how can you get your disabled account back ?
Posted 2 years ago
I noticed the deleteimvu.exe wasn't including in this latest update-- is that what the install assistant does now?
Posted 2 years ago
eeriedoll wrote:
I noticed the deleteimvu.exe wasn't including in this latest update-- is that what the install assistant does now?

@eeriedoll

Nope. I just manual uninstall original imvu client.

You need to uninstall all original/official imvu client and "IMVU" or "IMVUClient" folder in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming, Delete it.

Windows Button + R and type %APPDATA%
Posted 2 years ago
@KingofHeroes

Oh yeah can do, just wanted to make sure before I installed this one. Got my main account banned which was.... ROUGH. I had a lot of money invested in it.
Posted 2 years ago · Author
eeriedoll wrote:

@eeriedoll

@eeriedoll

The old deleteimvu.exe file was for uninstalling the vanilla client before installing IMVULite. The install assistant does that now.