will vu pull the plug on classic client?

sadecatgirl
by sadecatgirl · 149 posts
2 years ago in IMVU News
Posted 2 years ago · Author
Reemy wrote:
I don't think they are trying to hold on to classic at all. I think as soon as one of there updates comes around and we log on its going to be gone just like that. Imv is closed lip and doing what they want behind closed doors like no one matters but themselves and its very sad because they forgot who paid there co and carried them this far. I've seen many sites fall because of hot heads that wanted to take all the control and not listen to the ones that mattered the most. The players themselves. I don't want to see imv go down but we all are seeing people we know leave and the new kids coming in cant keep imv running because they ask me all the time to gift them because they don't have credits. There young and don't have money and they play on other sites they will hand over there money before they give it to imv. So Do I see imv staying a float in the next 2 yrs? NO

@Reemy

yeah...as far as im aware there isn't any plans on shutting down classic client any time soon which is good...but we still have to prepare for when it does come...

-- Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:24 pm --

Locker wrote:
@sadecatgirlYeah, that's really shady... unfortunately this is a change that is going to stay, since the community manager said that there are more people that got vip now thanks to this new tier update, so voting with the wallet (which is the most effective way to do it) is not a option. In the end, I believe this is going to be a W to them for once again making a update for something that no one asked.By the way, I think you should edit some of the information about your post. Upvotes, names, and the exact message content can be enough for them to track your account if someone from there is reading this post.

@Locker

oop noted for future reference! i just didn't want to miss any points and share on what they said to me...damn i didn't think they could track shit even through DM o-o i mean sure unless u report it that is :P

-- Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:26 pm --

Locker wrote:
Reemy wrote:I have been on IMV about gift cards and one yr VIP and have not let it go. I called in again and talked to billing department for VIP users. I was told pretty much what I been told the last couple of months. With the new tier they are not up to date with vip cards and don't know how to use them in the new system yet. Or how they will use them in the new system. Like a $50.00 gift card will get you 3 months of there highest Vip right now. I told him I don't want that. Rip off lol....Any ways He said keep my card and by next week they should have a vote on the vip gift cards for tier 2, What we were all use to before they screwed it all up. And Imv should go back to the full yr of imv gift cards or close to it for 50.00. They just want money. I kept my message they sent me to get another yr of VIP so I think they are trying there best to make me lose my VIP because I lose my VIP end of the month and they are lagging as much as they can. They keep telling me as long as my VIP don't elapsed I can get my other yr. They why are they not honoring there part of the message and causing so much stress on everyone? Its not like they cant use a few hand type in keys into the data base but there lazy and don't want to work. I think people need to start calling into Imv. Message boards don't get read by the ones that need to see it.
@ReemyFrom what I saw, you can redeem your card for 8 months of plat vip. I really feel sorry for all of the VIP players that got hit by this. But in the end, these are the decisions from the higher ground, and the community manager is just there to make a bridge between the company and the community. The only thing that he can do is mention how people didn't liked this update and show the suggestions that the community made. In the end is all about what direction they want to follow, and unfortunately, this is it. I can see more and more people quitting and soon being traded off by the new user base that they are trying to please, and I have a good feeling that the classic client end is getting close even though they said they are going to try to hold it as much as possible.

@Locker

yeah....all he can really do is try to show the good suggestions that were given in the comments and try to convince them....we can't force them to make all the changes we want but if they put in at least maybe some of them that were suggested that would be nice...
Posted 2 years ago
Yes it would. Most gaming site are fun even if you don't have money you can still enjoy the site so it really makes no difference to me but it is a big deal to those that make a living or a big part of there income off imv. So again the site needs to work with the players not just themselves and do what they want or feel like doing. I hope out of all this they learn something about working together as a whole to make things better and not treat everyone else like they don't have any idea on how the world works. There are great minds on imv and I wont mention names but you know who you are and could easily given input on how to work around a lot of petty confusion. But people that refuse to listen go down the road they are going down now. Making a lot of new changes and if they don't listen they will go thru the same stuff again later and lose more people. It's a cycle we all go through. Hope I'm not boring you with my thoughts.
Posted 2 years ago
sadecatgirl wrote:
Reemy wrote:I don't think they are trying to hold on to classic at all. I think as soon as one of there updates comes around and we log on its going to be gone just like that. Imv is closed lip and doing what they want behind closed doors like no one matters but themselves and its very sad because they forgot who paid there co and carried them this far. I've seen many sites fall because of hot heads that wanted to take all the control and not listen to the ones that mattered the most. The players themselves. I don't want to see imv go down but we all are seeing people we know leave and the new kids coming in cant keep imv running because they ask me all the time to gift them because they don't have credits. There young and don't have money and they play on other sites they will hand over there money before they give it to imv. So Do I see imv staying a float in the next 2 yrs? NO
@Reemyyeah...as far as im aware there isn't any plans on shutting down classic client any time soon which is good...but we still have to prepare for when it does come...-- Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:24 pm -- Locker wrote:@sadecatgirlYeah, that's really shady... unfortunately this is a change that is going to stay, since the community manager said that there are more people that got vip now thanks to this new tier update, so voting with the wallet (which is the most effective way to do it) is not a option. In the end, I believe this is going to be a W to them for once again making a update for something that no one asked.By the way, I think you should edit some of the information about your post. Upvotes, names, and the exact message content can be enough for them to track your account if someone from there is reading this post.
@Lockeroop noted for future reference! i just didn't want to miss any points and share on what they said to me...damn i didn't think they could track shit even through DM o-o i mean sure unless u report it that is -- Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:26 pm -- Locker wrote: Reemy wrote:I have been on IMV about gift cards and one yr VIP and have not let it go. I called in again and talked to billing department for VIP users. I was told pretty much what I been told the last couple of months. With the new tier they are not up to date with vip cards and don't know how to use them in the new system yet. Or how they will use them in the new system. Like a $50.00 gift card will get you 3 months of there highest Vip right now. I told him I don't want that. Rip off lol....Any ways He said keep my card and by next week they should have a vote on the vip gift cards for tier 2, What we were all use to before they screwed it all up. And Imv should go back to the full yr of imv gift cards or close to it for 50.00. They just want money. I kept my message they sent me to get another yr of VIP so I think they are trying there best to make me lose my VIP because I lose my VIP end of the month and they are lagging as much as they can. They keep telling me as long as my VIP don't elapsed I can get my other yr. They why are they not honoring there part of the message and causing so much stress on everyone? Its not like they cant use a few hand type in keys into the data base but there lazy and don't want to work. I think people need to start calling into Imv. Message boards don't get read by the ones that need to see it.
@ReemyFrom what I saw, you can redeem your card for 8 months of plat vip. I really feel sorry for all of the VIP players that got hit by this. But in the end, these are the decisions from the higher ground, and the community manager is just there to make a bridge between the company and the community. The only thing that he can do is mention how people didn't liked this update and show the suggestions that the community made. In the end is all about what direction they want to follow, and unfortunately, this is it. I can see more and more people quitting and soon being traded off by the new user base that they are trying to please, and I have a good feeling that the classic client end is getting close even though they said they are going to try to hold it as much as possible.
@Lockeryeah....all he can really do is try to show the good suggestions that were given in the comments and try to convince them....we can't force them to make all the changes we want but if they put in at least maybe some of them that were suggested that would be nice...

@sadecatgirl

I'm pretty sure they can see DM's since you can report them in the first place, and I know it seems a bit too much, but a long time ago, I've seen a person claiming to get banned and that the reason (I don't remember the exact message, but it was something like: "belonging to a ring of users"), which is one of the mottos that the site uses. So from a face value, it looks like they sometimes come here to check. It's one of the reasons why we are warned in the first place to not use our in game username here.
Locker wrote:
sadecatgirl wrote: Reemy wrote:I don't think they are trying to hold on to classic at all. I think as soon as one of there updates comes around and we log on its going to be gone just like that. Imv is closed lip and doing what they want behind closed doors like no one matters but themselves and its very sad because they forgot who paid there co and carried them this far. I've seen many sites fall because of hot heads that wanted to take all the control and not listen to the ones that mattered the most. The players themselves. I don't want to see imv go down but we all are seeing people we know leave and the new kids coming in cant keep imv running because they ask me all the time to gift them because they don't have credits. There young and don't have money and they play on other sites they will hand over there money before they give it to imv. So Do I see imv staying a float in the next 2 yrs? NO
@Reemyyeah...as far as im aware there isn't any plans on shutting down classic client any time soon which is good...but we still have to prepare for when it does come...-- Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:24 pm -- Locker wrote:@sadecatgirlYeah, that's really shady... unfortunately this is a change that is going to stay, since the community manager said that there are more people that got vip now thanks to this new tier update, so voting with the wallet (which is the most effective way to do it) is not a option. In the end, I believe this is going to be a W to them for once again making a update for something that no one asked.By the way, I think you should edit some of the information about your post. Upvotes, names, and the exact message content can be enough for them to track your account if someone from there is reading this post.
@Lockeroop noted for future reference! i just didn't want to miss any points and share on what they said to me...damn i didn't think they could track shit even through DM o-o i mean sure unless u report it that is -- Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:26 pm -- Locker wrote: Reemy wrote:I have been on IMV about gift cards and one yr VIP and have not let it go. I called in again and talked to billing department for VIP users. I was told pretty much what I been told the last couple of months. With the new tier they are not up to date with vip cards and don't know how to use them in the new system yet. Or how they will use them in the new system. Like a $50.00 gift card will get you 3 months of there highest Vip right now. I told him I don't want that. Rip off lol....Any ways He said keep my card and by next week they should have a vote on the vip gift cards for tier 2, What we were all use to before they screwed it all up. And Imv should go back to the full yr of imv gift cards or close to it for 50.00. They just want money. I kept my message they sent me to get another yr of VIP so I think they are trying there best to make me lose my VIP because I lose my VIP end of the month and they are lagging as much as they can. They keep telling me as long as my VIP don't elapsed I can get my other yr. They why are they not honoring there part of the message and causing so much stress on everyone? Its not like they cant use a few hand type in keys into the data base but there lazy and don't want to work. I think people need to start calling into Imv. Message boards don't get read by the ones that need to see it.
@Lockeryeah....all he can really do is try to show the good suggestions that were given in the comments and try to convince them....we can't force them to make all the changes we want but if they put in at least maybe some of them that were suggested that would be nice...
@sadecatgirlI'm pretty sure they can see DM's since you can report them in the first place, and I know it seems a bit too much, but a long time ago, I've seen a person claiming to get banned and that the reason (I don't remember the exact message, but it was something like: "belonging to a ring of users"), which is one of the mottos that the site uses. So from a face value, it looks like they sometimes come here to check. It's one of the reasons why we are warned in the first place to not use our in game username here.

@Locker

ohhh i see...thx! i've edited out the name in the DM i copied :P i dont report any messages i just leave it.
Posted 2 years ago
Well one thing for sure. They wont keep IMV as it once was. If pc starts to look like mobile how the moving and dots are when you move I cant stand that crap. I will put up with it for one more yr to see if they fix it and if not im leaving. not worth the stress. You know 400+ people cant be wrong in what they want and they are not getting so just how many of them do you really think are going to stay? You pay for what you want, not what you hate. lol
Reemy wrote:
Well one thing for sure. They wont keep IMV as it once was. If pc starts to look like mobile how the moving and dots are when you move I cant stand that crap. I will put up with it for one more yr to see if they fix it and if not im leaving. not worth the stress. You know 400+ people cant be wrong in what they want and they are not getting so just how many of them do you really think are going to stay? You pay for what you want, not what you hate. lol

@Reemy

yeah....well luckily we're still ok for now since there's no plans on closing classic client so they still have plenty of time to fix the new client to make it somewhat comparable if not maybe better? but yeah i dont like the dots look on mobile...that's why i dont use chat rooms when im only on mobile :P
Posted 2 years ago
I've seen the dots that are on mobile on the new desk top Clint they are putting out. That's why I don't like it. Its like you cant do any thing unless its a 100 clicks to do any thing and very hard to get around when your spoiled to an easier way to use IMVU already. I do hope they fix things better. Right now I'm enjoying the old imvu desktop but have use mobile for greeting some and I cant stand it. LOL
Reemy wrote:
I've seen the dots that are on mobile on the new desk top Clint they are putting out. That's why I don't like it. Its like you cant do any thing unless its a 100 clicks to do any thing and very hard to get around when your spoiled to an easier way to use IMVU already. I do hope they fix things better. Right now I'm enjoying the old imvu desktop but have use mobile for greeting some and I cant stand it. LOL

@Reemy

yeah i only used mobile chat rooms like once or twice? i really fucking hate it XD also when u leave the app for a few mins u get kicked out of the room....i dont like that...like i understand if its cuz the rooom has reached max and it just kicks out mobile people when u invite people to join since on classic u can invite someone to a room thats full and it'll let them in but i think 15 is the max since people aren't able to go in even when invited :P that's why when im out of town i post a status telling people that i will not be taking any chat invites until i come back from my trip and to just DM me if they wanna chat
Posted 2 years ago
That's some a great idea to do when your going to be away and only with mobile sadecatgirl. Mobile is really crap but for them that don't have any thing else its a gold mine lol and for people at work and on lunch break it gives them a chance to get on imv good or bad lol
Reemy wrote:
That's some a great idea to do when your going to be away and only with mobile sadecatgirl. Mobile is really crap but for them that don't have any thing else its a gold mine lol and for people at work and on lunch break it gives them a chance to get on imv good or bad lol

@Reemy

yeah...while i am aware that there's some rooms and poses that only show when ur only on mobile though :/ not a big fan of that honestly...