IMVU user base has been maturing with age

aron127
by aron127 · 14 posts
2 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 2 years ago
@aron127

I also feel the same way but differ slightly. I've been using IMVU since middle school and it's been a hell of a ride. I've had my fair share of catfishes, heart aches, friendships, meet ups, and I finally got into creating. For me, I'm not sure but I've been running into alot of teenagers. This could be because of the influx of mobile players but I generally meet alot of teens who are 18 or lower. I already have my friend circle established with like minded people and age but its definitely hard to meet users in my opinion.
Posted 2 years ago
sadecatgirl wrote:

its kinda funny how people gotta pay $5 just to verify their age but eh...i get it tho...they need to make money somehow

@sadecatgirl

I think it's because kids under 18 are less likely capable of making online purchases, so its a decent way to gatekeep the age badge. But five dollars for it is obviously a money making scheme rather than a gate. A $0.99 purchase and a $5 should have the same result lmao
Posted 2 years ago
Imvumanguy wrote:
sadecatgirl wrote:its kinda funny how people gotta pay $5 just to verify their agebut eh...i get it tho...they need to make money somehow
@sadecatgirlI think it's because kids under 18 are less likely capable of making online purchases, so its a decent way to gatekeep the age badge. But five dollars for it is obviously a money making scheme rather than a gate. A $0.99 purchase and a $5 should have the same result lmao

@Imvumanguy

yeah...even though i am aware that some kids can just easily take their parents credit card to make purchases...then again though....u do need to put in ur birthday and show them ID sooo...there's that as a gate...
Posted 2 years ago
13+ Is Really Scary & IMVU should be Ashamed but I Believe they are Based in California USA which…. Explains
I don’t Accept Random Adds Nor 18/19 yr old Acc. Like Don Said Because those are Mainly Children The More Fucked up the World becomes the Newest Maturing Age will be 10yr/12yr if you Ask Me 16/17 yr is Creepy as hell..