Programs to speed up IMVU

Don Von Alpha Dom
by Don Von Alpha Dom · 111 posts
14 years ago in Help & Support
Posted 14 years ago
I'll try it. IMVU is a pain.
It takes up basically all of my RAM. Laptops & IMVU don't seem to go together. >.<
Posted 14 years ago
Pikachuu wrote:
It takes up basically all of my RAM. Laptops & IMVU don't seem to go together. >.<

Well to tell you the truth unless you build a laptop like i did mine your not really getting the true amount for your money unless you can find one for a good price i payed 567 dollars for all my parts and it handles it quite nice
Posted 14 years ago
ConisgCody wrote:
Pikachuu wrote:

Well to tell you the truth unless you build a laptop like i did mine your not really getting the true amount for your money unless you can find one for a good price i payed 567 dollars for all my parts and it handles it quite nice

Idk, 250 gig hard drive and 3 gig memory w/ built in webcam for I think around $550.
Posted 14 years ago
tx bro, smoothed me out :D
Posted 14 years ago
There is this freeware that I use that might be useful to some members.

Game Booster - http://iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Primarily this is used to help improve PC performance for: games... obviously. Most of us know IMVU isn't a game, but uses 3D (Direct3D) so this helps smooth your IMVU in terms of stuttering camera rotation, multiple 3D objects in a room...

It defragments game directories, temporarily disables background processes(frees memory), cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance. Yay.
Posted 14 years ago
my computer is kinda old and slow, so imvu never wants to load fast, it always takes me about 10 minutes. which program would you suggest i download?
Posted 14 years ago
rawrxxo wrote:
my computer is kinda old and slow, so imvu never wants to load fast, it always takes me about 10 minutes. which program would you suggest i download?

IMVU is a 3D instant messaging software, judging on your computer loading IMVU after 10 minutes, it means you probably would do better with a hardware upgrade (RAM, graphics card)

BUT if your computer is sluggish in performance but it has hardware that supports the minimum requirements of IMVU's client program, you can try memory tweaks (frees memory) and service tweaks (windows related tweaks that you sometimes dont need when playing 3D applications such as games to improve more memory). As Don mentioned in first post, hard drive space cleaners like ccleaner & IMVUCacheCleaner helps reduce bloating of your hard drive to the point it lags your computer's performance.
Posted 14 years ago
Thanks, but... How many people lag at IMVU? lolz :P
Posted 14 years ago
thank you, i have ccleaner but i will try that imvu cache cleaner
Posted 14 years ago
Don Von Free Credits wrote:
Here is a list of programs you should be using if you do not want IMVU to slow down your computer and crash as much:

Ram Optimizer:
http://en.softonic.com/s/ram-optimizer/free
This program fixes memory leaks and weak programming in IMVU, which is the reason it takes up so much ram and makes your computer run slow after running it for a few hours. You can find several free ram optimizers at the link above.

Cache Cleaner:
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
This has about the same idea as the IMVU cache cleaner below, but it frees up storage in areas you might not have known IMVU affected.

IMVU Cache Cleaner:
http://imvu-products.biz/?cat=software& ... cheCleaner
This program reduces the amount of space IMVU takes up on your computer. If you do not run this program on your computer at least once every week, then after a month of using IMVU..., IMVU shall take up a huge chunk of your storage...which slows you down till it is screaming at you.

Is it HellStrong's CacheCleaner? I recommend that one for sure.. (page wont load atm, cut back internet)